Monday, January 12, 2009

"If churches would only pray for their pastor"


Phil,
I feel the lack of payer for pastors is why the USA is in a spiritual mess. When one knows the qualifications of a pastor it is mind boggling. Then you realize that no one can fulfill such high standards. The only qualification needed for a pastor is a great love for Jesus Christ and the rest will come if there is a great prayer program in the church. I added a paragraph at the end. Please check this over.
Warner

The Pastor: His Qualifications
God has set some qualifications that must be met in order for a man to be called of God, to have His blessings upon his ministry and be effective as a minister. I must hasten to add that no man will meet every qualification perfectly. These qualifications are what God has set for the ideal preacher and we, being mere mortals, cannot (with our sin nature) perfectly fit into God's perfect mold. However, the man of God should strive to be the best minister he can be with God's help and also strive to meet each of these qualifications as best he can. A pastors burden is very heavy and the church should pray diligently for him at all times.
The love for Jesus Christ must be regarded as the pastor's supreme qualification. All other qualifications are worthless if this is absent.
1. Blameless. Timothy 3:2; Titus 1:6a, 7a).
2. The husband of one wife. (I Timothy 3:2; Titus 1:6).
3. Temperate. (I Timothy 3:2).
4. Prudent. (I Timothy 3:2; Titus 1:8).
5. Of good behavior. (I Timothy 3:2).
6. Given to hospitality. (I Timothy 3:2; Titus 1:8).
7. Able to teach. (I Timothy 3:2; II Timothy 2:24), (Acts 20:28).
8. Not given to wine. (I Timothy 3:2; Titus 1:8).
9. Not violent. (I Timothy 3:3; Titus 1:7), (II Corinthians 10:4).
10. Not greedy for money. (I Timothy 3:3; Titus 1:7).
11. Gentle. (I Timothy 3:3; I Timothy 2:24).
12. Not quarrelsome. (I Timothy 3:3).
13. Not covetous. (I Timothy 3:3).
14. One that rules well his own house. (I Timothy 3:4), (Ephesians 5:22 - 25),
(Proverbs 21:19), (I Timothy 3:5).
15. His children in submission. (I Timothy 3:4; Titus 1:6).
16. Not a novice. (1 Timothy 3:6).
17. Have a good reputation with those outside the church. (I Timothy 3:7).
18. Gentle. (II Timothy 2:24).
19. Meekness. (II Timothy 2:24-25).
20. Not self-willed. (Titus 1:7).
21. Slow to anger. (Titus 1:7).
22. A lover of what is good. (Titus 1:8).
23. Just. (Titus 1:8).
24. Holy. (Titus 1:8).
25. Self-controlled. (Titus 1:8).
26. Holding fast the faithful word that he has been taught. (Titus 1:9).
27. Courageous. (Acts 20:22-24).
28. Diligent. (2 Corinthians 8:22).
29. Prayerful. (Acts 6:4).

===>Click headline to access expanded version of this list . . .

Prayer
A good way to pray is to pray the Lords Prayer of Matthew 6:9-13 and when you come to the end keep on praying. Include praise in your prayers (Psalm 148, 149, 150) for in praise God works wonders (Exodus 15:11). Also, pray for protection as described in Psalm 91, 103:3 and Ephesians 6:10-18. Be confident in your prayers for our Lord has established His throne in heaven and His kingdom rules over all.

Charles H. Spurgeon A choice servant of God in England had in his church a prayer group that prayed for him every time he preached. This resulted in tens of thousands being saved. This procedure should be followed by all churches.

Feel free to share this with others.

* Type keywords in the "Search This Blog" box above
* Coaching? Teaching? Preaching? on prayer - Contact Phil@nppn.org
* Pastor Phil's ministry schedule: http://nppn.org/Schedule.htm
* Join the Church Prayer Leaders Network @ http://www.PrayerLeader.com

No comments: