Monday, May 15, 2006

Prayer Evangelism ~ Try Colossians 4:2-6

We shared (the) biblical evangelism training at the 100th Georgia Gideon State Convention on March 10th in Macon, Georgia. Shortly after, the Gideons hit the streets of Macon with New Testaments to do some personal witnessing. Later that day, one man shared the following story with me:

I took 10 New Testaments with me and had given eight of them away, but no one wanted to talk at length about Christ. Then I remembered the Colossians prayer that you shared in your training. I opened one of the remaining New Testaments to Colossians 4:2-6 and prayed that passage back to God. Immediately, a lady slipped and fell right in front of me. I helped her back on her feet and we began to talk. Within 15 minutes, tears were streaming down her face as she prayed to receive Jesus Christ as Savior. Then I had one remaining New Testament and I opened it to the Colossians prayer and prayed it again. I looked up and there was a man standing in front of me just staring at me. We began to talk and shortly thereafter he accepted Jesus Christ as his savior as well.


Folks, it is often as simple as that. God does it and gets all the glory, not us. I believe that we Christians have severely complicated the evangelism process and have a great need to get back to the simplicity of the gospel of Christ. I believe this is why God formed Biblical Evangelism Ministries.

Yours in winning the lost, David A. Morel
Author – Secret to an Open Door
Biblical Evangelism Ministries
625 Shute Lane, Old Hickory, TN 37138
C: 615-403-0905 / O: 615-385-3673
david@davidmorel.net
===>Click headline to access website . . .

~ ~ ~> Join the Church Prayer Leader's Network @ http://www.PrayerLeader.com < ~ ~ ~

No comments: