Friday, December 30, 2005

RESOURCE - Praying the Supremacy of Christ

DAILY SCRIPTURES WHICH PROCLAIM CHRIST’S SUPREMACY

With suggested prayers to pray the Scriptures back to the Lord

Begins January 1, 2006

The NIV Scripture passages in this document alternate between the Old and New Testaments (one OT, then two NT). They focus on the supremacy (fullness) of Christ. The OT is a foreshadowing of Christ’s supremacy. The NT is a revealing of Christ’s supremacy. Followers of Christ who earnestly desire to worship Him and grow in Him more are invited to read these Scriptures and pray the suggested prayers back to Him daily. Feel free to pray anything else the Lord gives you or revise the format (however it is most useful to you).

January 1

Genesis 1:28 God’s Creation Mandate to Adam and Eve

God blessed them (Adam and Eve) and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Prayer: God, you created all things through Christ. As you told Adam and Eve to be fruitful, fill the earth, and rule over every living creature, please help me, my family and all of your people to fill our region with His presence. May He rule in us that we might fulfill His purposes in our generation.

January 2

Matthew 1:21 Mary is Chosen to be the Savior’s Mother

She (Mary) will give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins.

Prayer: Father, thank you for sending your Son to earth and giving Him the name of Jesus. I pray that He will save masses of men, women, boys and girls in our region from their sins.

January 3

Matthew 1:22-23 Immanuel Fulfills Isaiah’s Prophecy

All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet, “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call Him Immanuel, which means God with us.”

Prayer: Immanuel, you are God with us! Thank you so much! We welcome you and need you! Consume me, and my family and the Church of our region in all who you are!

January 4

Genesis 6:5-8 God’s Judgment and Re-Creation under Noah

The Lord saw how great man’s wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. The Lord was grieved that He had made man on the earth, and His heart was filled with pain. So the Lord said, “I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have ever made them.” But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord…..The Lord said “I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. But I will establish My covenant with you (Noah), and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your son’s wives with you.”

Prayer: Lord, I marvel at your creation of all life, judgment of mankind, widespread destruction, and then covenant of new life with Noah! I marvel that you are not a God who created the earth and leaves it to take care of itself, but you are intimately involved with us. I am very grateful that even in the midst of great sin, you value the righteousness of even a small number of your people and are willing to covenant new life to those few. And, I marvel that the greatest covenant you had in mind is through your Son, Jesus Christ, who took away my sins that I and all others who trust in Him might have eternal righteousness (life)!


January 5

Matthew 2:1-2 Magi Came to Worship the King of the Jews

After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.”

Prayer: Jesus, I join the Magi and multiplied millions of other believers down through the ages in seeking you and worshiping you!

January 6

Matthew 3:16-17 The Father Affirms the Son

As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove on Him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is My Son whom I love; with Him I am well pleased.”

Prayer: Father, as you declared your love and pleasure with your Son nearly 2000 years, please pour your love and pleasure through Him into every person in our region now.

January 7

Genesis 15:5-7, 17-18 God’s Covenant with Abraham for the Nations

He (God) took him (Abram) outside and said, “Look up at the heavens and count the stars—if indeed you can count them.” Then He said to him, “So shall your offspring be.” Abram believed the Lord, and He credited it to him as righteousness. He also said to him, “I am the Lord, who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans to give you this land to take possession of it.” When the sun had set and darkness had fallen, a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared and passed between the pieces. On that day, the Lord made a covenant with Abram and said, “To your descendants I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates.”

Prayer: Oh Lord, as you made this covenant with Abram to give he and his descendants the “Promised Land”, you have given all people since the time of Christ’s birth your New Covenant through Him! This is the opportunity to enter into the “Promised Life” in Christ. Please help me and the whole Church of our region to take full possession of this promised life!

January 8

Matthew 4:19-20 Jesus’ First Invitation to His Followers

“Come follow Me” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men”. At once they left their nets and followed Him.

Prayer: Lord, I leave everything to follow you. Make me and your people in our region wholehearted followers and fishers of men for you.

January 9

Matthew 7:28-29 People Living Under the Reign/Authority of Christ

When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at His teaching, because He taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.

Prayer: Jesus, your teaching is amazing! Every part of your life is amazing! You have complete authority. Please cause me and your whole Church of this region to be continually amazed with you and to submit fully to your authority.

January 10

Genesis 28:13-15 God’s Covenant with Jacob

There above it (the stairway) stood the Lord, and He said: “I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying. Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring. I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

Prayer: Lord, what a powerful covenant you made with Jacob. All peoples on earth will be blessed through Jacob and his offspring. I acknowledge that Christ was Jacob’s offspring, and I wholeheartedly rejoice that I am one of Jacob’s offspring through Christ. Please bless me, my family, the Church of our region and all people in our community through Jacob’s offspring!

January 11

Matthew 8:2-3 Jesus is the Supreme Healer

A man with leprosy came and knelt before Him (Jesus) and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can made me clean”. Jesus reached out His hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” He said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cured of His leprosy.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for being willing and able to make a leper clean. I need you to clean my life and make me whole. My family members need that too. Every man, woman, boy and girl in our region needs your cleansing. Please cleanse us, heal us and make us whole in you!

January 12

Matthew 8:14-15 Jesus is the Supreme Healer

When Jesus came into Peter’s house, He saw Peter’s mother-in-law lying in bed with a fever. He touched her hand and the fever left her, and she got up and began to wait on Him.

Prayer: Jesus, please touch my hand and every area of my life, so that anything which is keeping me from waiting on you will leave me. What a joy it is to wait on you!

January 13

Genesis 45:6-7 God Brings Deliverance through Joseph

“For two years now there has been famine in the land, and for the next five years there will not be plowing and reaping. But God sent me (Joseph) ahead of you to preserve for you a remnant on earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance.”

Prayer: Almighty God, as you sent Joseph to Egypt to save the lives of his family, you sent your Son, the greatest Deliverer, for all of mankind. Cause us to worship and honor Him, and may many, many more men, women and children in our region invite Him to be their deliverer in our day of spiritual famine.

January 14

Matthew 8:16-17 Jesus has Authority over all Demons and Diseases

When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to Him, and He drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick. This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: He took up our infirmities and carried our diseases.”

Prayer: Jesus, you are the Healer, the great Physician. We bring to you all the sick and demon-possessed in our region. Please drive out all evil spirits and heal the sick, so that all the people will praise your name and speak boldly about you.

.

January 15

Matthew 8:26-27 All Creation Obeys Jesus

He got up and rebuked the winds and waves, and it was completely calm. The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and waves obey Him!”

Prayer: Lord, you have the authority over the wind and the waves and everything you have created. We come to you with the wind and the waves in our personal lives, in your Church and in every part of our community. Please say “Quiet! Be still” in every area you choose, so that all who are watching will be amazed with you?



January 16

Genesis 49:22-26 Jacob’s Blessing of Joseph

“Joseph is a fruitful vine, a fruitful vine near a spring, whose branches climb over a wall. With bitterness archers attacked him; they shot at him with hostility. But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, because of your father’s God, who helps you, because of the Almighty, who blesses you with blessings of the heavens above, blessings of the deep that lies below, blessings of the breast and womb. Your father’s blessings are greater than the blessings of the ancient mountains, than the bounty of the age-old hills. Let all these rest on the head of Joseph, on the brow of the prince among his brothers.”

Prayer: Lord, what a mighty man of God Joseph was! And, he received such great a blessing from his father, Jacob. I am in awe that all of the characteristics related to Joseph are in Christ even more so: “fruitful vine, strong arms, the hand of the Mighty One, the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, father’s blessings, prince”. I pray that Joseph’s blessings will be fulfilled in and through Christ in my life and in your people in our region.

January 17

Matthew 9:27-30 Faith in Christ’s Power

As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed Him, calling out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!” When He had gone indoors, the blind men came to Him, and He asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” “Yes, Lord,” they replied. Then He touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith will it be done to you.” And their sight was restored.

Prayer: Son of David, you are merciful. Please fill me and the rest of your people in our region with abundant faith in you, and help us to “trust in you with all of our hearts.” Please touch our physical, emotional, mental and spiritual “eyes” and restore us to complete wholeness in you.

January 18

Matthew 9: 35-36 Jesus’ Life-Giving Compassion

Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease. When He saw the crowds, He had compassion on them.

Prayer: Great Teacher, please travel through the towns and villages in this region. Teach, preach the good news and heal every disease. Please flood us with your love and compassion for every person you bring into our lives. In fact, I pray that you will cause me to weep for my city, as you wept for Jerusalem.

January 19

Exodus 3:10-15 God’s Commission and Mission For Moses

The Lord said, “So now go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring My people, the Israelites, out of Egypt.” But Moses said to God, “Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain.” Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is His name?’ Then what shall I say to them?” God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.”

Prayer: Lord, as you the great I AM sent Moses to bring your people out of Egypt, you sent Christ, whose name forever is also I AM, to bring millions more people during the past 2000 years from sin and darkness into eternal life with you! We remember, and we worship I AM from generation to generation. I pray that this generation right now will follow Christ completely!




January 20

Matthew 10: 32 Acknowledge the Lord!

“Whoever acknowledges Me before men, I will also acknowledge them before My Father in heaven.”

Prayer: I acknowledge you, Lord. Cause my family and congregation and the Church of this region to acknowledge you before all people! Please overcome anything in my life that keeps me from acknowledging you before others. Help me to love and fear you more than I love and fear the approval of others.

January 21

Matthew 11:27 All Things are Committed to the Son

“All things have been committed to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.”

Prayer: Precious Son, you have been given all things. Please reveal yourself to me and to all your followers throughout the State of Washington. Give us an unquenchable hunger and thirst to know you more and more!

January 22

Exodus 15:1-2, 21 Moses and Miriam Praise God’s Supreme Victory

Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the Lord: “I will sing to the Lord, for He is highly exalted. The horse and its rider He has hurled into the sea. The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise Him, my father’s God, and I will exalt Him.” Miriam sang to them: Sing to the Lord, for He is highly exalted. The horse and its rider He has hurled into the sea.”

Prayer: Mighty God, I join Moses and Miriam: I sing to the Lord, for He is highly exalted! The Lord is my strength and my song! Christ has become my salvation. He is victorious over all my enemies! He is my God and I will praise Him. I pray that the victory and salvation of Christ will saturate our region.

January 23

Matthew 11:28-30 The Weary and Burdened Receive Rest

“Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Prayer: Lord of rest, I come to you, with all weariness and burdens. Please help me to take your yoke upon me, so that I might learn from you. Thank you for being gentle and humble in heart. Help me receive your rest deeply into my soul. Please use me to draw others to resting in you.

January 24

Matthew 12:8 Lord of the Sabbath

“For the Son of Man is the Lord of the Sabbath.”

Prayer: Son of Man, you are Lord of the Sabbath and Lord of all. Fill your Church in our region with rest and with reverence for you.

January 25

Exodus 17:8-16 God Delivers Israel out of Destruction through Moses

The Amalekites came and attacked the Israelites at Rephidim. Moses said to Joshua, “Choose some of our men and go out to fight the Amalekites. Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the staff of God in my hands.” So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill. As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. When Moses’ hands were tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset. So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword. Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write this on a scroll as something to be remembered and make sure that Joshua hears it, because I will completely blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven.” Moses built an altar and called it The Lord is my Banner. He said, “For hands were lifted up to the throne of the Lord. The Lord will be at war against the Amalekites from generation to generation.”

Prayer: Lord, I lift up my hands to your throne, and ask that as you were Moses’ and Joshua’s Banner, that Christ will be my Banner, and the Banner for my family and for all your people in our region. Give us the strength to keep our hands raised, and may Christ defeat all enemy forces against us from generation to generation.

January 26

Matthew. 12:15-21 Our Hope in God’s Chosen Servant

Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. Many followed Him, and He healed all their sick, warning them not to tell who He was. This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah. “Here is My servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put My Spirit on Him, and He will proclaim justice to the nations. He will not quarrel or cry out; no one will hear His voice in the streets. A bruised reed He will not break, and a smoldering wick He will not snuff out, till He leads justice to victory. In His name the nations will put their hope.”

Prayer: Lord, please establish your justice in every sphere of influence in our region (in the homes, neighborhoods, businesses, courts, governments, schools, churches). We put our hope in your great name. May all people in our communities put their hope in your name!

January 27

Matthew 14:22-33 Jesus Walks on the Water

Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of Him to the other side (of the lake), while He dismissed the crowd. After He had dismissed them, He went up on a mountainside to pray. When evening came, He was there alone, but the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it. During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw Him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear. But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” “Lord, if it’s you.” Peter replied, tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come,” He said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately, Jesus reached out His hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” He said, “why did you doubt?” And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Prayer: Jesus, only you can walk on the water, as well as control the wind. I take great courage in you! Help me to have faith in you and to come to you whenever you direct me to do so. I worship you. Truly, you are the Son of God!

January 28

Exodus 23:20-33 The Angel of the Lord takes God’s People Forward

“See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since My Name is in him. If you listen carefully to what he says and do all that I say, I will be an enemy to your enemies and will oppose those who oppose you. My angel will go ahead of you and bring you into the land of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites and Jebusites, and I will wipe them out. Do not bow down before their gods or worship them or follow their practices. You must demolish them and break their sacred stones to pieces. Worship the Lord your God, and His blessings will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span. I will send my terror ahead of you and throw into confusion every nation you encounter. I will make all your enemies turn their backs and run. I will send the hornet ahead of you to drive the Hivites, Canaanites and Hittites out of your way. But I will not drive them out in a single year, because the land would become desolate and the wild animals too numerous for you. Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you have increased enough to take possession of the land.”

Prayer: Father, your Name was in the angel in this passage, and your Name is in Christ! Please help me to listen carefully to Christ and do all that He says. May He lead me completely and give me victory over all my enemies. Give your people in our community a deep desire to worship Him. We humbly ask for His blessings in every area of our lives. May He drive out our enemies and take possession of our region!

January 29

Matthew 14:34-36 Jesus Healed them All

When they had crossed over (the lake), they landed at Gennesaret. And when the men of that place recognized Jesus, they sent word to all the surrounding country. People brought all their sick to Him and begged Him to let the sick just touch the edge of His cloak, and all who touched Him were healed.

Prayer: Jesus, I bring my friend/son/daughter/wife/parent to you. I beg you to let him/her touch the edge of your cloak, that you will heal him/her. As the people in Gennesaret did when they recognized you, please cause your people in our region to recognize you and send word to everyone we know to come to you for wholeness.

January 30

Matthew 16:16-18 Confessing Christ’s Lordship and Following Him

Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God”. Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by My Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.”

Prayer: Jesus, I agree with Simon Peter in acknowledging that “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God”. I am very grateful that your Father has revealed this to me. Please build your Church in our region on the Rock of Christ, so that the gates of Hades will not overcome it! I pray that the gates of Hades in our region will be demolished by Christ!

January 31

Exodus 24:7-8 Moses Confirms God’s Covenant with the People

Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded, “We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey.” Moses then took the blood, sprinkled it on the people and said, “This is the blood of the covenant that the Lord has made with you in accordance with all these words.”

Prayer: Lord, what a significant time this must have been when Moses read the Book of the Covenant to your people, sprinkled blood on them, and told them that it was the blood of the covenant you had made in accordance with all those words. I receive the blood of Christ’s New Covenant, that He has made with me and all people in accordance with all that has been spoken about Him! I can only imagine the fullness of what this means. Help me and my family and all your people in our region to do everything He says and obey Him.


For future monthly lists of supremacy Scripture passages and prayers, contact Steve Hall, 206-595-5109, or stevehall_irm@msn.com.

~ ~ ~> Join the Church Prayer Leader's Network @ http://www.PrayerLeader.com < ~ ~ ~

No comments: