Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Praying With Your Pastor

Lighten the Load: Practical Ways to Partner with Your Pastor through Prayer
by Elaine Helms

"I’ve been a pastor for 30 years and this is the first time I have heard my congregation pray for me.”

I almost cried when he said those words. I was leading a training event for the adult members of a moderately large church. At the end of a teaching time on Eph. 6:10-20, which includes Paul’s request for the church to pray for his boldness in sharing the gospel, I broke everyone into small groups to pray for their pastor. In the pastor’s presence, I asked them to pray for his preparation to preach, his health, and anything else the Holy Spirit directed.

The pastor’s emotion was apparent in his closing remarks. He later shared with me that he had never experienced people praying for him. He was touched. He wanted more.



(Please click here to read, print, or email this article from Pray!’s online archives.) Issue 40, Jan/Feb 2004
http://www.navpress.com/Magazines/Pray!/ArticleDisplay/040.06/?aCode=NL100905

~ ~ ~> Join the Church Prayer Leader's Network @ http://www.PrayerLeader.com

No comments: