Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Praying For Pastors

I'm a member of the North Georgia United Methodist Conference PrayerForce. We do a lot of praying for pastors each week!

Each week PrayerForce members receive a list of about 20 pastors via email. The pastors have been contacted the previous week to let them know that they and their churches are being prayed for by the PrayerForce the following week and they have the opportunity to submit any specific requests that they might have.

PrayerForce members pray daily for the pastors and their churches during the week. We also contact them individually, usually via email but through snail-mail or phone if email is not an option, and send them a prayer (below is a version of what I might say if there is no specific request from the pastor). During the course of a year, all pastors in the North Georgia United Methodist Conference are contacted and prayed over.

My dear friend and Prayer Chick extraordinaire, Leah Cunningham, is the director of the PrayerForce, and I thank God for her having "recruited" me! I have been blessed many times over as I've "met" and prayed for these pastors! Check out the PrayerForce website at http://www.ngaprayerforce.org

Pray hard!
Carol Story

P.S. Oops, forgot to include the prayer I send to pastors:

Dear Rev........ -

As a member of the NGUMC PrayerForce, I am praying for you this week, and I hope you find encouragement from this note.

I'm praying for you to be in good health in all ways - physically, spiritually, emotionally and financially. I also pray that you find time for rest and comfort in the Holy Spirit; time to hear God speaking clearly to you as you lead this congregation. I pray that you be bold in sharing God's messages with your church.

Prayers for your congregation also, that a spirit of unity and love be constantly present among them, and that they remember that everything needs to be for God's glory, not our own. I pray that they all be changed through worship, and learn to live in prayer and praise, being aware of God's presence at all times.

Please know that you can call on me anytime prayer needs arise.

Grace and peace, Carol Story
Ebenezer UMC, Conyers
"God cannot give his best to us until and unless we pray."

~ ~ ~> Join the Church Prayer Leader's Network @ http://www.PrayerLeader.com

No comments: